If you’re like us, you know that the ingredients in skin care products play an important role in the overall condition of our skin. Sometimes these ingredients can affect our whole body, especially over a long period of time. Read on to learn about natural ingredients that have the ability to nourish and protect your skin from the inside out, while being safe for everyday use.
Rice Bran Oil
Rice bran oil has been part of Japanese skincare and wellness regimens for centuries. The ancient Japanese knew that it could slow aging, as well as moisturize and nourish the skin, so they used rice water (rice bran oil’s cousin) for their face and body.
Rich in antioxidants and fatty acids, rice bran oil encourages skin regeneration as it soothes and softens the skin. This is attributed to the synergy of its components, including:
- Vitamin E – a natural antioxidant that helps the skin absorb water and keep moisture in its deeper layers. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe and repair the skin
- Vitamin B – a group of vitamins including niacin (B3) and thiamine (B1), known to prevent signs of aging and hyperpigmentation
- Squalene – fatty acid naturally produced by skin cells. Squalene strengthens and hydrates the skin barrier
- Ferulic Acid – a natural antioxidant that protects the skin from UV damage and photoaging; stabilizes vitamins C and E and improves their action
Found naturally together, these components work synergistically to give rice bran oil powerful conditioning properties that can be used for all skin types.
Sweet Almond Oil
Sweet almond oil is another non-comedogenic natural oil rich in vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamins E and D which help protect the skin from UV radiation and pollution. It also contains vitamin A that stimulates the production of new skin cells and provides excellent softening and restorative properties.
Sweet almond oil has been used in ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine to soothe and treat dry skin, and it is believed to support skin microcirculation and rejuvenation. Sweet almond oil is commonly used today to treat dry and sensitive skin. Sweet almond oil is also known to:
- Even skin tone: due to emollient properties, sweet almond oil has the potential to improve complexion and even out skin tone. It can repair sun damage and support healthy moisture levels.
- Reduce stretch marks: vitamin A in sweet almond oil can soften the skin and improve its elasticity, which is why it is used to prevent stretch marks from spreading and forming.
- Calm irritation: it contains oleic and linoleic fatty acids that combat inflammation and work in synergy with vitamin E and other antioxidants to strengthen the skin barrier.
- Cell regeneration: vitamin A and vitamin E can help with oxidative stress and support cell regeneration. They have the potential to smooth the skin and reduce the appearance of scars, helping the skin heal faster and appear brighter and more youthful.
Knowing and trusting the ingredients you put on your skin should be your first step towards better skin. This is why Phillip Adam created a unique body lotion formula based on these natural ingredients, providing complete care for all skin types that is safe for everyday use.